So I can talk to pretty much anyone, but as soon as the words need to be on a screen or a piece of paper, I freeze. What is that that makes the words stall? Why do my words all of a sudden no longer have weight? Or maybe it’s too much weight since they can’t blow away like a spoken sentence?
Here’s what I’ve tried so far today to finish up a blog post on a wedding from last Summer.
- Power through
- Scrubbed my sink
- Walked the dog for 20 min
- Organized my daughter’s playroom
- Swiffered my daughter’s playroom
- Started a load of dishes
- Sat on the couch and listened to a some of Jenn and Brian Johnson’s new CD
- Put away all of the shoes in the house – why are there always shoes around the house??
- Set up my kitchen calendar for February
- Took my midday BioCleanse
- Ordered the Dauntless necklace with my gift card.
- Brushed my dog (haven’t brushed my teeth yet though)
- Finished my coffee
- Found some cuticle cream – my fingers have really not enjoyed the desert air these last few weeks
- Admired my new plant
So basically, everything but write the blog post.
What’s your secret when you need to do something but can’t seem to?